Sunday, April 11, 2010

More Wonderland Madness

After my last post on all things Alice in Wonderland, I found this music video by Kerli off the Alice in Wonderland soundtrack "Almost Alice". The song has a teenybopper sound but is actually rather catchy after a couple of plays. The video which features a super glam tea party seems to me like a fusion of Alice in Wonderland with Marie Antoinette, which is another of my favourite movies. The costumes in the clip remind me of Playboy's Marie Antoinette costumes - mini couture gowns complete with suspender stockings.

Also, it's exciting to see that Top Hats are very much in fashion at the moment. On Saturday I went to the Surry Hills markets and there was a girl selling the most amazing hats. One in particular caught my eye, a miniature top hat with a feather. It would make for the perfect Racing Carnival outfit. There were lots of top hats in stores selling both new and vintage clothes in Surry Hills and I noticed when browsing through the best dressed photos from the Golden Slipper, that top hats featured in many of the outfits. I simply must get one!


Tea Party by Kerli:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BECOME A FOLLOWER OF

Hôtel de Mode

It's easy. If you have a google account simply click "Follow with Google Friend Connect" in the sidebar on the right or click "Follow" in the tool bar at the top of the page.

If you don't have a Google account you can still follow using Bloglovin' by clicking on the flashing Eiffel Tower in the sidebar on the right. It only take a few moments.

Followers are greatly appreciated :)