Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Lace Legs



Kasia Struss
Photographed by David Vasiljevic
Numero Tokyo September 2010
Combination of all things cool - lace tights, body suits, shaggy fur coats & lace-up ankle boots


Olivia Palermo

Taylor Momsen
Zimbio

Chloe Sevigny
Love this look! If only I could braid hair. Interesting quote too....

All things lace have been in for a while now. Unfortunately, the trend has a become a little tacky thanks to an overload of lace clothing and accessories available in high street stores (sounds better than chain stores). I've been meaning to do a post on lace for a while. Since I have collected so many pics, I thought I'd start with lace tights, which I'm still much a fan of. They are the perfect balance between showing off some skin, but still covering up a little. And they add a bit of an edge to liven up an outfit. It was when I saw the above pic of Chloe that I decided I simply must find a pair of lace tights and get myself a pair of suede ankle boots. I now own both :)  Surprisingly, a great pair of lace tights were harder to find than I thought. I ended up settling for a pair from Sportsgirl which are very similar to the ones warn above by Kasia in the Numero shoot. I was hoping to get something with a larger floral pattern, like the ones worn by Taylor Momsen, but I haven't come across any of the sort as yet.

1 comment:

  1. I was searching for Olivia Palermo then I found your blog
    You blog is amazing!

    I have started the Olivia blog, please visit if you are interested
    http://oliviapalermothesocialite.blogspot.com/

    www.therawpower.blogspot.com
    A fashion blogger based in Australia and Hong Kong.
    you can also follow me on twitter
    http://twitter.com/therawpwoer
    and blog lovin
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/1871826/raw-power?claim=gt67ssuvazt

    xo
    therawpower

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BECOME A FOLLOWER OF

Hôtel de Mode

It's easy. If you have a google account simply click "Follow with Google Friend Connect" in the sidebar on the right or click "Follow" in the tool bar at the top of the page.

If you don't have a Google account you can still follow using Bloglovin' by clicking on the flashing Eiffel Tower in the sidebar on the right. It only take a few moments.

Followers are greatly appreciated :)