Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Simply Red






Dree Hemingway
Photographed by Alexi Lubomirski
Harper's Bazaar US September 2010

I'm one of those people who is hardly seen out of a black outfit. Firstly, because I find black clothes are perfect for easily creating a sophisticated look . And secondly, because I find they are easier to look after and wash. I like mixing different textures of black or combining a black outfit with a cream bag and/or scarf, gold or silver jewellery and occasionally a brightly coloured pair of shoes - usually hot pink. Although, I'm not incredibly keen on red in a big way for outfits, I do love red lips, nails, silk scarfs etc. Like black, red can be a very sophisticated colour. Red lips are particularly feminine and classic. I do have a bit of an obsession with the colour when it comes to buying non-clothing items. I love my red VW Golf (aka the little red rocket), coffee mugs, laptop case and I even find myself buying food that is packaged in red. It's such a passionate and dramatic colour, that can't go unnoticed. Hmmm, I wonder what that says about me? A slight attention seeker perhaps....  As for the shoot, Dree Hemingway is quickly becoming a favourite model of mine. Although, she first caught my attention because she is the great-grandaughter of Ernest Hemingway (who I greatly admire for his work), there is definitely something very interesting about her as an individual. Expect a post on her later on in the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BECOME A FOLLOWER OF

Hôtel de Mode

It's easy. If you have a google account simply click "Follow with Google Friend Connect" in the sidebar on the right or click "Follow" in the tool bar at the top of the page.

If you don't have a Google account you can still follow using Bloglovin' by clicking on the flashing Eiffel Tower in the sidebar on the right. It only take a few moments.

Followers are greatly appreciated :)