Saturday, September 11, 2010

Obsession: Draping

I've been meaning to do a post on draping for a while now. It's one of my favourite trends of the moment and gives any outfit that goddess factor, whether casual or when going for something more glam. I seemed to be obsessed with draped skirts and dresses at the moment. I've actually had a grey dress for a couple of years now, which has some lovely draping on it. I've gotten so much wear out of it and plenty of complements on it. I'm looking to add a couple of other pieces, perhaps a skirt to wear during the day and an evening dress.


Here are some of my fav draping looks I've come across:



Hilary Rhoda in Harper's Bazaar UK July 2010

Dree Hemingway
Awesome casual look!


Julia Restoin-Roitfeld in an Alexander McQueen Dress with draping detail

Balenciaga RTW Fall 2009


Alice + Olivia
I am in love with these dresses. I can't decide whether I like the one shoulder or long sleeve more, or even which colour I prefer.

Bambi Northwood-Blyth in Shakuhachi

Gary Bigeni



Style Stalker

Fashion Gone Rogue/ Studded Hearts/ Stylish Sarah/ Shop Bop/ My Catwalk/ They All Hate Us/ Style Stalker

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BECOME A FOLLOWER OF

Hôtel de Mode

It's easy. If you have a google account simply click "Follow with Google Friend Connect" in the sidebar on the right or click "Follow" in the tool bar at the top of the page.

If you don't have a Google account you can still follow using Bloglovin' by clicking on the flashing Eiffel Tower in the sidebar on the right. It only take a few moments.

Followers are greatly appreciated :)