Saturday, October 23, 2010

Take me to Palm Springs!


Ever since that episode when the kids of The O.C. visit Palm Springs, I have became obsessed with the place. The producer of The O.C. and Gossip Girl, Josh Schwartz, also created a show set in Palm Springs called Hidden Palms, although unfortunately the show was cut after the first 8 episodes were aired. 

Palm Springs is known for it contemporary mid-century 20th architecture, beautiful warm sunny weather, world class golf courses and  luxurious spas. The desert city, located in California, has been a celebrity hang out for years and had been visited and enjoyed by the likes of Elvis Presley, Elizabeth Taylor, Frank Sinatra. Today's celebrity fans of the place include Clint Eastwood, John Travolta,  Halle Barry, Leonard DiCaprio, Anne Hathaway and Dakota Fanning. I love the mix of retro and modern buildings, immaculate streets and gardens, and the tall palm trees. I would love to visit one day soon to check out the amazing retro inspired architectural and relax by the pool. While I can admire the beautiful green golf courses, anyone who has seen my swing, knows that golf isn't the sport for me. I would simply be subjecting myself and those around me to a high degree of danger. Perhaps I could try my luck at croquet...


Here is a collection of pictures of hotels, homes, editorials and campaigns shot in sunny Palm Springs:

The Parker Hotel:




 Gingham - enormous trend of the moment.


 Croquet! And those chairs are divine :)

This place is so amazingly beautiful!


Viceroy Resort:



Such a sweet editorial shot!



 

Wow! This place reminds me of The Ivy, in Sydney with its mix of Moroccan and modern white furnishing, and yellow accents.


Golf Course:


Palm Springs Homes:


Loving the modern, retro-inspired homes, complete with desert inspired gardens, turquoise pols and sky-high palms.


Cameron Diaz in Vogue US editorial shot in Palm Springs:







Cameron Diaz looks stunning in this editorial. Clean, crisp clothes, in white and shades of nude and tan work so well up against the Palm Springs backdrop.


Daria Werbowy in Oroton Spring/Summer 2010 Campaign


Like I said, the nude works wonderfully against the Palm Springs backdrop :) In definite need a some more tan accessories for my spring/summer wardrobe now!


Well I'm off to spend a couple of hours at the beach with my dear friend Sam to soak up some of the fantastic Sydney weather about today, and probably lay by the pool afterwards - hey, it may not be Palm Springs, but it's still amazing. There are little pieces of inspiration I can take away from these pics to create my own slice of Palm Beach at home - white modern furnishing, mixed with Moroccan accent pieces, perhaps a few dashes of canary yellow from the Viceroy Resort and not to mention some light weight casual chic clothes, topped off with some tan leather accessories :) And maybe play a little croquet - but no golf!

Pics from Dirty Blonde, Fashion Gone Rogue, StyleFrizz and Google Image Search

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BECOME A FOLLOWER OF

Hôtel de Mode

It's easy. If you have a google account simply click "Follow with Google Friend Connect" in the sidebar on the right or click "Follow" in the tool bar at the top of the page.

If you don't have a Google account you can still follow using Bloglovin' by clicking on the flashing Eiffel Tower in the sidebar on the right. It only take a few moments.

Followers are greatly appreciated :)