Friday, November 26, 2010

Ladylike in Louis Vuitton





Saaset Isil Aksoy in Louis Vuitton
Marie Claire Turkey November 2010
Photography by Tamer Yilmaz

Fashion is making the well needed change for studded grunge to ladylike chic - think cinched waists, corset bodices, simple pumps (forget the 15cm platforms!), glamorous up-do hairstyles & simple make-up. I, as much as the next fashion obsessed girl, have enjoyed wearing grungy ensembles, Balmain-inspired studs and heavy embellished garments & heavy-metal jewellery, but it is really growing a little tired. I've had to buy a few new items for my wardrobe over the past couple of weeks for my new job and have opted for simple, classic, tailored items which I can mix and match with things I already have. I am obsessed with my new black satin blazer, skinny leg black pants and nude & black print dress from Australian chain label, Cue. Not to mention, a fabulous mini-suitcase bag I picked up from a vintage store. Look to fashion icons like Audrey Hepburn, Jackie Kennedy Onassis and Grace Kelly for ladylike inspiration.

Ladylike Chic Fashion Icons:
 Audrey Hepburn - isn't she just stunning?

 Jackie Kennedy Onassis sporting her signature trench coat

Grace Kelly looking fabulous in a high waisted bikini

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it so fab to see women dressed like ladies! I love it.
    cupcake
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BECOME A FOLLOWER OF

Hôtel de Mode

It's easy. If you have a google account simply click "Follow with Google Friend Connect" in the sidebar on the right or click "Follow" in the tool bar at the top of the page.

If you don't have a Google account you can still follow using Bloglovin' by clicking on the flashing Eiffel Tower in the sidebar on the right. It only take a few moments.

Followers are greatly appreciated :)